Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Bayonne, NJ
FLSA Status: Exempt
Experience: 3- 5 years
Safety Sensitive: Yes
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all packaging department activities on a daily basis. This position will supervise the production, quality, and transfer of product in a manner consistent with company policies and cost objectives. Supervision of daily operations of the packaging team is imperative to achieve team and company objectives. They will counsel and provide corrective action when necessary and consult with Human Resources and upper management as needed.
The ideal candidate will effectively communicate, motivate, and supervise various departments to ensure production goals are met. They should be flexible and reliable. Ability to lead a team, while also completing other demands/projects will be required. A successful candidate for this position will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and priorities.
- Ensure that all employees follow the company’s safety, quality, food safety and manufacturing guidelines and policies.
- Isolate any product that does not meet the established quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard. Notify proper personnel and record on appropriate document.
- Knowledge and understanding of all equipment in the plant from the production area through shipping and assist with troubleshooting as needed.
- Train, direct and motivate staff in their various jobs in a way that will promote safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ensure timely processing of productions and orders.
- Advise on scheduling production to meet inventory goals and advise promptly when line conflicts could impact productivity and cost.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations regarding occupational health and food safety.
- Perform food safety inspections, monitor, and assist sanitation/QA employees to ensure proper sanitation (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point [HAACP] and Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]).
- Coordinate production activities and monitor applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to sustain and improve production areas as necessary
- Involved in the hiring and training of new employees and make recommendations for employees’ promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred
- Two (2) years production warehouse experience required.
- Proficient computer skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to operate at a high level with minimum supervision is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process, procedures, and machinery is required. Must have complete understanding of the function and operation of packaging department.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, Quality related policies, Receiving, Shipping and Storage programs.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]