We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Quality Food Safety (QFS) Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will provide supervision, technical assistance and scheduling to quality technicians, production team and custodial members. This position will provide oversight in all aspects of food safety and quality including but not limited to compliance audits, program evaluations, safety training, sanitation evaluation, purchasing supplies, working with operations personnel on quality and safety issues, customer complaints and investigations, implementing policies and procedures and evaluating new equipment installation or repair.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an advanced understanding of food laws and regulations. They should have advanced risk assessment skills and be comfortable performing and leading root cause analysis and complaint trend analysis.
- Interface quality, sanitation, and custodial personnel and ensure the department is properly staffed.
- Analyze test results for precision and accuracy.
- Ensure processes are in compliance with Corporate Quality policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with Food Safety Modernization Act and Safety Quality Food (SQF) regulations.
- Provide technical assistance and training for QA techs, sanitation, and custodial members.
- Monitor and verify the Food Safety Plan’s Critical Control Points and Control Points.
- Assist with updating Food Safety Plan and quality procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct quality, food safety and safety training under the direction of the QFS Manager.
- Conduct workplace inspections and internal audits.
- Conduct behavioral observations for safety compliance.
- Collaborate with operations personnel on quality and safety issues and develop best practices.
- Supervise operational control systems policy and procedures and ensure they are being adhere to. Perform correction actions as needed.
- Supervise product logistics to ensure production is streamlined.
- Support product traceability and mock recall coordination.
- Generate and distribute product safety and quality reports.
- Assist with annual SQF and customer audits.
- Investigate process deviations and perform root cause analysis to identify/resolve issues and perform corrective action as needed.
- Investigate customer complaints and perform root cause analysis to identify/resolve issues and perform corrective action as needed.
- Maintain supply inventory and order for QA department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, or related field is preferred.
- Four (4) years’ experience in Food Industry with two (2) year supervisory or lead experience is required.
- Willingness to work alternate shifts is required.
- Knowledge of laboratory activities to include microbiological testing not limited to Statistical Process Control, Coliforms/E.coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Yeast and Mold, and analytical testing to include moisture, color is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of good sanitation practices and good manufacturing practices is required.
- High level of competency with manufacturing, inventory, and traceability systems with advanced skills in PC use including spreadsheets and database experience is required.
- Food Safety Modernization Act- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual training course certified is preferred.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point certification is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of SQF gap analysis and/or certification is preferred.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is preferred.
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $85,000 - $110,000 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.