We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, the Vice President of Finance provides the full scope of financial leadership and support to the US operations including controllership function, financial reporting, operational analysis, and systems support across the US region of Olam for our Edible Nuts Division. This Division is responsible for in excess of $1 Billion in annual sales. This position has a central role in monitoring and driving total business unit income and profitability. This person is the leader and initiator of business and accounting control activities across the organization. Through conduct and know-how, fosters respect for the Company among those people involved in the advancement of our business. This position will manage, train and mentor the regional finance leaders and controllers to ensure corporate values and ethics are instilled and to develop the future leaders for the division.
- Overall responsibility for all Finance activity for and including Plantations/ Manufacturing/ Private label across Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, Cashews, Peanuts, Super Foods etc.
- Supervise the day-to-day Division financial services, by working with/through the global business services group. This includes the preparation of the monthly report; review of Division consolidated financial statements and SAP submissions. Coordinate the accounting close of the Division's subsidiaries, representative and branch offices. And supervision of the US accounting processes and controls.
- Lead controllership function by, working with the finance leaders to ensure compliance with company policy and procedures and ensuring they are adequately documented. Overseeing balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis each month. Supervise the Region’s internal controls function. Lead/coordinate accounting projects initiated by the global accounting group. Ensure open communication between various stakeholders. Coordinate with Corporate Internal Audit Department. Highlights any control discrepancy or risk to both his business management and functional management.
- Take full responsibility for functional projects such as SAP integration, intercompany reconciliation, annual audit and others. Recommend policies and standard operating procedures to drive change while securing adequate level of control. Work within the business unit, the finance organization, and General Management in the Division to drive projects for timely completion.
- Establish and maintain proper monthly financial reporting for the region. Ensure timely completion of the monthly and quarterly reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with all US and foreign regulatory requirements including coordination with Tax department to ensure compliance with various tax regulations.
- Lead and support Olam’s business growth by coordinating the business needs within financial systems across Edible Nuts US locations. This may include the development of financial systems and processing in new business models and other acquisitions.
- Coordinates business unit strategic and annual plan process and financial analysis. Prepare submission requirements, timetables, and ensure completed plan for the business unit and the Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or directly related field is required. CPA preferred or MBA is preferred.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in accounting and finance required. Experience in Trading/ Manufacturing/ Plantation industries strongly preferred.
- Experience working in and with Mergers & Acquisitions, and Brown/Green field projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a large and diverse team working in different time zones while being a trusted business partner capable of managing to optimal results with multiple stakeholders is required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization required.
- Advanced knowledge of general ledger accounting and financial reporting processes is required.
- Strong proficiency in GAAP (International and US) and internal controls is required.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.