We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will use their accounting expertise to assure accuracy of ofi’s financial statements. Supporting the Sr. Director of Finance, this position will manage the monthly and year-end close and review work performed by shared services team, including Olam Global Business Solutions (OGBS). The Senior Accountant will perform internal and external audits and will meet all necessary reporting requirement deadlines and expectations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a great work ethic. They will be efficient at handling multiple competing demands and priorities. This candidate should be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment and developing processes.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation of sub-ledgers and general ledgers to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with the purchasing and sales review processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of recorded transactions.
- Provide financial expertise with business process controls improvement.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing and supporting business transactions in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Support internal and external audit processes and requests for information.
- Manage and coordinate the corporate reporting requirements.
- Support in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Perform analysis on monthly financial statements, including investigation of variance to budget and forecast for the P&L, Working Capital and Fixed Capital.
- Support and overview accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) work performed by shared services team.
- Coordinate tax filings with the tax department.
- Manage other general accounting responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree is required, majors in Accounting or Finance are preferred.
- Four (4) years of accounting/finance experience is required.
- Prior SAP experience is preferred.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft office, is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work well in a team is required.
- Must be able to work with a diverse team across many geographies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel on occasion for business is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The salary for this role in the state of CA ranges from $83,000 - $108,000 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.