This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Smithville, GA, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 299
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor/QC Lead, the Quality Control Laborer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of peanuts being packed are up to defined quality standards. The QC Laborer is to make sure all QC documentation is accurate and neat, along with accurately picking/inspecting all different lots of peanuts looking for any type of foreign material.
• Work closely with the Shift Supervisor/QC Lead and all other employees to accumulate, analyze and process operational samples.
• Take production samples, record, document and communicate out-of-compliance processes to the Shift Supervisor.
• Assist all personnel in identifying items that are out of compliance with Safe Food processes.
• Verify the findings at the picking stations.
• Verify Preventive Controls are in place and sufficient.
• Assist the Shift Supervisor/QC Lead and Food Safety & Quality Manager in monitoring the Master Sanitation Schedule to assure compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
• Ability to identify and perform inspections in search of critical foreign materials such as: hulls, wood, nutgrass, sticks, raisins, numbs, corn, meal, dirtballs, rocks, glass, metal, plastic, snails, etc.
• Inform the Shift Supervisor immediately of any critical foreign material found during checks.
• Ensure all quality documentation is completed, turned in, accurate, and organized.
• Enclose foreign material into zippered bags based on lots/samples and ensure bags are not mixed/contaminated with other lots/samples.
• Cleaning and sanitizing workstation daily/weekly/monthly
• Picking Room QC Laborer:
o Completes various jobs assigned to him/her daily including communicating with other colleagues regarding operation of equipment, changes in flow rates, processing capabilities, bin readings safety and maintenance issues, paperwork, sanitation, maintenance, safety assignments and food safety requirements.
o Perform timed picking table sample by removing foreign materials and documenting findings.
o Work with the finishing operator to assist with product bin level management.
• Lab QC Laborer:
o Gather and compile quality, preventive control, and food safety data from operations for analysis, interpretation, and corrective actions to be taken.
o Maintain and document all retention samples.
o Perform routine tests as directed by the food safety plan, the Plant Shift Supervisor, and the Plant Manager.
o Verify preventive controls are in place, effective, adhered to by personnel, and documented accurately.
o Assist other Supervisors in the collection and documentation of production records to meet all United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Preventive Control Rules for Human and Animal Food, The British Retail Consortium (BRC), and other regulatory agency requirements.
o Assist all personnel in identifying items that are out of compliance with Safe Food processes.• Ensures sample of product is in grade. Notify shift supervisor if product is out of grade.
• Assist with the Pack-Out Department when needed.
• Understand ofi Peanut Shelling safety policies, work safely and report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions to the Plant Manager or Safety Coordinator.
• Follow ofi Peanut Shelling Company Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) guidelines.
• Follow all ofi Peanut Shelling Company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Preventive Control Rules, and Occupational Safety Rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Minimum 1 year Quality Control experience preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Good communication skills.
• Physical dexterity. • Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
• Forklift experience preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.