We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Logistics Director, the Customer Service Coordinator will be responsible for the management and facilitation of customer orders, pricing, document requests, customer inquiries, complaints, and resolutions. They will serve as the subject matter expert for the internal users of specified systems. This position would be responsible for developing key relationships with the customers and vendors in order to maintain and/or improve the competitive position within our industries. They will assist in medium and complex data-related projects to analyze, monitor, and maintain customer data integrity.
The ideal candidate should be a highly organized and self-starter with proven problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Manage customer orders throughout the “Order to Cash” process utilizing SAP ERP system.
- Manage customer adherence to contracted pull rates and annual volumes to ensure contracts are fulfilled.
- Enter and/or assist with customer sample and technical document requests.
- Compile periodic/standard reports for internal and external customers, including but not limited to: open/pending orders, position reports (orders/needs & longs), and month end close reports.
- Post sales invoices (billing), debit and credit notes.
- Process deductions and claims, coordinate and expedite the collection or clearing of these deductions.
- Facilitate the execution of required international shipping documents, letters of credit, etc.
- Facilitate and drive specific customer requests.
- Direct interaction with customers to include periodic meetings and site visits where travel could be required.
- Assist in creating and maintaining business processes and best practices.
- Proactively communicate and develop strong business relations with Customers, Business Directors, plants, credit, customer finance, carriers, quality assurance, and logistics.
- Liaise with the Olam Global Business Services (OGBS) team to handle issues and resolve exceptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of logistics/customer support experience is required. Experience with a trading company is preferred. ERP system experience is required, SAP is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry practices, terminology, and settlement process is preferred.
- Strong practical accounting, analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, and Word is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team is required.
- Capacity to multi-task and switch between tasks fluidly while setting and adhering to deadlines is required. Must be able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks effectively.
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $26.00 - $28.50 per hour and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.