We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Finance Controller will be responsible for managing and coordinating the monthly financial closing and related reporting. They will develop forecasting and budgeting processes for the Nuts manufacturing group, drive variance analysis, and make data-based recommendations to achieve strategic objectives. The ideal candidate is comfortable challenging the status quo and developing creative means to improve processes, and comfortable in a hands-on finance role supporting a fast-growing manufacturing organization. They will provide accurate and timely information while identifying and supporting initiatives to enable the organization to meet strategic objectives.
- Responsible for taking the financial lead and becoming a business partner to multiple manufacturing plants.
- Oversee accounting staff across multiple locations and coordinate month end close, variance analysis, and rolling forecasts.
- Review perpetual inventory, monitor cycle and/or physical inventories, and reporting and analysis of variances. Make recommendations as needed.
- Lead the internal and external audit engagement. Support resolution of issues that arise during audit field work.
- Direct the standard cost maintenance, production variance analysis, activity costing, and customer/product profitability.
- Manage supply chain accounting, including grower & procurement contracts, raw material conversion costs.
- Develop and analyze financial reporting including budgeting, forecasting, working capital management, and variance analysis on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Create and modify financial policy to ensure proper internal controls and guide the business.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, scenario models, and other support for Operations and Commercial teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related major is required, with Finance or Accounting emphasis preferred.
- Ten (10) years of accounting experience is required, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting software and Business Intelligence software. SAP and/or Tableau experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships and effectively manage across multiple business units in a multinational organization.
- Must be comfortable in a hands-on finance role with the ability to work collaboratively with Operations management.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, including internationally (1-2 times per year) is required.
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $156,000 - $203,000 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.