We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
The National Accounts role is at the heart of ofi’s purpose to “Be the Change for Good Food and a Healthy Future.” Reporting to the Senior Director of Sales, the National Account Manager will be a significant contributor to ofi’s growth strategy, establishing and executing business and sales strategies for specific key accounts across the entire product portfolio. This role is responsible for driving business growth, drawing on the knowledge and expertise of internal cross-functional and business-unit teams to provide a broader range of product and ingredient solutions for the customers that are unique and differentiated.
The ideal candidate for this position will be business-minded with a curiosity to learn about new products and explore the needs of the customers that contribute to long-term, profitable growth for the company. They will have demonstrated the ability to lead bid and pricing negotiations and guide the sales process, collaborating with internal stakeholders on critical projects to optimize ofi’s product portfolio, innovation, customer service, and supply chain. They will have exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills to align key stakeholder groups and build impactful partnerships that help us deliver value and build long-lasting customer relationships.
- Manage and direct all sales efforts as National Account Manager for assigned Private Label Retail customers in the US geography.
- Defend and expand existing base of Private Brand and Branded business at current active customers through account penetration and increasing menu usage.
- Develop new and profitable Private Brand and Branded business at targeted accounts by identifying value added solutions to meet customers menu needs.
- Establish sales market plans and manage the sales execution to achieve objectives.
- Build and maintain accurate sales forecast, including annual business planning process.
- Manage spending to assure the delivery of sales results within approved spending levels.
- Manage customer relationships at all levels at assigned Private Label accounts. Focus on generating profitable business by developing customer strategies that address customer goals, objectives, and culture.
- Manage customer agreements that deliver against annual operating plans.
- Manage and orchestrate all customer opportunities and activities, utilizing the appropriate resources to win.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to optimize the use of all pertinent ofi technologies.
- Develop and execute on pricing strategies in alignment with product platform goals.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and achievement of annual budgets.
- Analyze business trends to develop business growth strategy and manage total opportunity pipeline.
- Evaluate industry, market, category, channel, and customer trends to understand and articulate market and customer opportunities in conjunction with cross functional teams (marketing, product line, etc.).
- Develop and execute account strategies, plans, and forecasts for assigned accounts; incorporate business strategies that reflect the entire product portfolio.
- Explore customers’ needs and opportunities, encouraging experimentation with the entire portfolio and seizing opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Develop long-term partnerships with targeted accounts that result in increased sales and margins, and value for the broader business portfolio.
- Initiate and lead bid and pricing negotiations with assigned key accounts to grow sales volume and margins while expanding ingredient solutions and distribution.
- Build and develop relationships with account's middle and senior management that have decision making influence.
- Work with cross-functional, and business-unit teams to ensure alignment of sales strategy and product offerings with technical and operational capabilities.
- Guide the sales process, articulating a path forward for customers with support from internal stakeholders, considering internal capabilities, constraints, competitive circumstances, and strategic priorities.
- Work closely with logistics and support teams to ensure excellence in supply management, working capital management and on-time, in-full delivery.
- Engage internal cross-functional and business unit teams to execute business plans, resolve issues, and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer needs and drive profitable growth.
- Establish regular cadence of communications with internal stakeholder groups, reviewing progress and adjusting plans as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: Candidate will be required to have five (5) years of prior National Account Sales and account management experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Food Science with emphasis in Business or Marketing, or equivalent is required. Candidate may substitute five (5) years of relevant sales experience in lieu of degree. Candidate substituting years of experience in lieu of degree must have a total of ten (10) years of relevant sales experience.
- Previous account management experience: Experience successfully managing Top 50 Chain Customers. Experience managing Aldi is preferred.
- acumen: ability to develop and deliver a strategic account plan designed to achieve profitable growth in both business and sales objectives. Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills: ability to use appropriate strategies to address areas of concern, explore alternatives and reach mutually beneficial sales agreements that gain customer’s commitment to action.
- Impactful communicator: ability to convey information and ideas clearly and succinctly to individuals and groups at various levels, in a variety of situations; deliver high-impact presentations suited to the needs of the audience.
- Building influential relationships: ability to build and foster influential customer and internal stakeholder relationships across boundaries (cultural, organizational, geographical, etc) that help deliver value and customer commitments.
- Adaptable: maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes or shifts in direction; adjusts effectively by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.