We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Machine Operator will work in a fast-paced production environment setting up and operating assigned our production and/or packaging lines. A successful operator ensures all tasks are completed to company standards by others working on the line.
The ideal candidate will have a focus on safety, work collaboratively, have a sense of urgency, follow and ensure others support good manufacturing practices (GMP) and excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Operate the line you are assigned to in a safe and efficient manner according to the standard operating procedures.
- If working a packaging line, ensure products are dated and packaged with a minimum amount of waste and supplies.
- Inspect the line prior to start-ups and changeovers.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise, make recommendations on how to solve.
- Perform forklift operator duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform clean up and sanitation of assigned equipment and surrounding area.
- Perform necessary tests for machinery when required.
- Take samples when required.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on production/packaging lines such as cleaning, switching out equipment parts or other items as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow all company safety, hygiene, and work rules.
- Maintain the company's commitment to providing quality products and services with an emphasis on Food Safety, legality, and integrity.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or State issued equivalency certificate is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written, is required.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, overtime and weekends during harvest season is required.
- Individual should be self-motivated attention to detail.
- Previous knowledge of the following programs and regulations pertaining to a food processing plant is preferred:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- Food Safety
- Forklift driving experience, license not required.
- Must become forklift certified after hire.
- Ability to follow safe driving rules and regulations.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to work outdoors/indoors, in hot/cold, noisy, and dusty environments.
- Must be able to work in other departments and do other tasks as needed.
- Must be able to twist and turn frequently while working.
- Must be able to stand and work for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to work from heights while wearing a safety harness.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 35 pounds.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Understand and follow all Food Safety & Sanitation rules.
- Packaging Machine Operators work with every product produced, which means you should consider the potential allergens we work with:
The pay for this role in the state of California is $22.49 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.