We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Lead, the Maintenance Mechanic will perform repairs and preventative maintenance. This position will assist with industrial equipment troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. A large amount of preventative maintenance may require the take down of the entire production line and going through piece by piece to ensure that the worn pieces are replaced, and that all items have been repaired. There may be fabrication, welding, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical work. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform periodic inspections, testing, and adjustments necessary to maintain the processing systems in peak operating condition. This position will perform all these duties while adhering to ofi’s safety principles and procedures.
- Perform the tasks associated with a preventative maintenance program which include cleaning, lubrication, adjustments, visual inspections, minor repairs and calibrations necessary to maintain equipment, machinery, and associated hardware at required intervals.
- Troubleshoot and perform major mechanical repairs such as changing motors, pumps, gearboxes, belts, sprockets, pulleys and many other aspects of a mechanical repair.
- Perform root-cause fault diagnostics on mechanical systems to identify and correct machinery and/or system failures.
- Perform basic electrical trouble shooting and repairs.
- Address and repair urgent breakdowns as quickly as possible while maintaining company standards for employee and food safety.
- Prioritize repairs of any urgent safety or food safety concerns.
- Ensure the safety of self and other persons entering the work area.
- Communicate daily with others on maintenance team in order to provide timely repairs and preventative maintenance on machinery.
- Perform complete daily inspection and walk through of all aspects of production lines.
- Maintain accurate written record all repairs, Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and maintenance checks.
- Assist in maintaining accurate parts inventory and organization.
- Properly fill out purchase requisitions for any maintenance related parts/supplies.
- Follow all safety, health & environmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining company's commitment on providing quality products and services with an emphasis on Employee Safety, Food Safety, Legality, and Integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Two (2) years' work experience in the food manufacturing industry, repairing and maintaining packaging equipment, electrical controls, and ancillary equipment is required.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required.
- Industrial Technical courses in maintenance/electrical repair is required.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and respond well to instruction and supervision.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts, hours, and overtime when required. Will be required to work at all three HNI facilities (Livingston, Verduga, and Leedom).
- Forklift driving experience a plus. Must become a certified HNI Forklift Driver.
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to properly lift, push and pull up to 75lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at high elevations, atop ladder or man lift, on the roof, and underneath equipment.
- At times be required to work in awkward positions in order to perform such repairs (bending, climbing, lifting, pulling, pushing, etc.)
- Ability to work in industrial conditions; hot, cold, wet, etc.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment is required. Must wear proper clothing for the type of job being performed.
The pay for this role in the state of California range from $30.00 - $33.00 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within that range may be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.