We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Business Development – Soluble Coffee, the Sales Manager will be a key player in driving business growth through effective trading strategies and relationship management. The Sales Manager will leverage their expertise in the soluble coffee industry or related food industry to facilitate successful B2B transactions and contribute to the overall success of our business in the USA market.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in key account management, preferably in the soluble coffee or related food industries. They should have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills with a focus on results. The ideal candidate should be outgoing and a strong communicator. They should be able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and leadership. The successful candidate should have a creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
- Develop and implement B2B trading strategies aligned with the broader business development goals.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Development Manager to understand market trends, pricing forecasts, and customer requirements.
- Build and nurture relationships with B2B customers, including soluble coffee brands, supermarkets, and third-party packers.
- Negotiate and finalize trading agreements, ensuring mutually beneficial terms for both parties.
- Cross-collaborate with customers’ product development teams to develop new products and meet market demands.
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities to identify trading opportunities and potential risks.
- Provide regular reports on trading performance, market dynamics, and recommendations for optimizing trading strategies.
- Represent the company at industry events and trade shows, fostering networking opportunities within the B2B soluble coffee sector.
- Stay up to date on industry regulations and compliance requirements related to international trade.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Preferred majors in Business, Management, Marketing, or related studies.
- Three (3) years of previous sales, business development and/or brand management experience is required. Experience in the food industry and/or food service is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing relationships with customers and internal stakeholders is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Strong negotiation and presentations skills are required.
- Strong self-initiative with an ability to operate at a high level with minimum supervision is required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- Trading environment experience preferred.
- International trade regulations and compliance knowledge required.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evening when participating in company trade or vendor shows, or customer related events is required.
- State issued driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.