Job Title: Sr. Cost Accountant
Location: Bayonne, NJ
FLSA Status: (to be assigned by Corporate HR): Exempt
Safety Sensitive Position: No
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to Anjli Shah VP Finance will be responsible for analyzing the key drivers for cost in our manufacturing locations with a focus on our Bayonne Plant. They will be expected to work closely and provide support when needed to the Cost Accountant in our Oxnard Plant to ensure a cohesive approach to cost analysis between the two plants. They should expect to work closely with the finance and accounting team and on-site manufacturing teams and will be responsible for analysis and explanations on all operational and manufacturing costs and efficiencies during the month close and other reporting processes including forecasting, budgeting, capital investments and cost savings.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a great work ethic and should be able to support our operations teams, drive the costing and other operations finance initiatives to drive efficiency without our plants. They should expect to coordinate and collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner for success. The candidate should be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment and be ready to develop and implement new processes. They should be efficient at prioritizing workload and handling multiple competing demands and have great attention to detail and ability to manipulate large data sets in order to be successful in this role.
· Create and maintain the plants’ absorption-based production standards including standard cost estimates, product set-up costs, activity rates, creation of work cells, overhead allocations, and all other standard cost related activities.
· Responsible for preparing monthly financial closing for manufacturing variances, scrap by product, labor and manufacturing overhead variances.
· Setting up and maintaining daily labor reporting and variance analysis to drive efficiency analysis.
· Performing time studies to track labor efficiency across shifts and lines.
· Set up accurate throughput and downtime reporting on our operations system for daily review.
· Responsible for reviewing all new BOM set ups and routings to ensure accurate inventory valuation.
· Manage and maintain report of capital spends and associated cost saving project reporting.
· Work with the operations team on tracking of all projects for improvement efficiencies and reporting upon them monthly.
· Oversight of process order variance analysis (throughput, source of loss, downtime, etc.), spending & working with the operations team to develop, maintain and update the Operations Key Performance Indicator Dashboard.
· Lead annual review of production standards with plants and executive leadership team to ensure cost management, optimization, full fixed and variable absorption, and product/customer margin.
· Collaborate with executive leadership team with forecasting and budgeting.
· Direct internal reviews including internal weekly, monthly, and annual reviews with Key Stakeholders.
· Analyze working capital by providing perpetual inventory, monitoring cycle and/or physical inventories, and reporting of variances to senior leadership.
· Review ad hoc analysis and perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required.
- Seven (7) years of relevant finance experience is required.
- Must possess proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, BI, Excel4Apps and other integrated reporting solutions.
- Experience on costing module of SAP is a plus.
- Advanced excel and the ability to handle large data sets for detailed analysis.
- Excellent teamwork, relationship building, and coordinative skills are required.
- Must be able to work with diverse teams across various geographies is required.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, presentation, and listening are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.