We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Quality Control (QC) Manager, the Quality Control Assistant will support the Quality Control and Logistics Operations of Covoya Specialty Coffee. The Quality Control Assistant will work closely with the sales team to coordinate fast and accurate sample delivery to customers and suppliers. This role will also support the QC Manager with daily cupping and sample roasting.
The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented and have the ability to make critical quality decisions and work independently.
- Label, package and send samples to customers
- Communicate sample results to Olam origins and third-party suppliers
- Regularly communicate with the Sales team to identify sample needs and provide updates
- Maintain detailed database of all samples received and sent, update sample status and update counterparty information as needed
- Manage inventory of samples and sampling supplies
- Dropping samples off at post office as needed
- Assist the QC Manger with setting up and participating in daily cuppings
- Maintain cupping database with detailed notes of daily cuppings and communicate daily cupping notes updates with the sales teams
- Roast samples as needed
- Assist with updating the ecommerce website
- Assist the QC Manager with ad hoc Quality Control projects and tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- One (1) year previous experience within the Specialty Coffee industry in either a coffee lab or coffee roasting setting is required
- One (1) year coffee cupping, grading and roasting experience is required
- Q grading certificate is preferred
- Involvement in Roaster’s Guild and/or SCA certifications is preferred
- Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail are required
- Basic computer proficiency with computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required
- Valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record is required
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $22.00 - $29.00 per hour and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.