Job Title: Maintenance Technician III
Location: Bayonne, NJ
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Experience: 5-7 yrs. experience
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician III is responsible for repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines/equipment. The ideal candidate will have prior general knowledge of food manufacturing equipment and can follow both verbal and written instructions.
Position Responsibilities-Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and understand electrical schematics to locate and troubleshoot components on the equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex electrical breakdowns.
- Knowledge on mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems and perform maintenance as needed.
- Complete changeovers as needed.
- Ability to weld and machine parts with shop equipment.
- Read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyors, production related equipment, etc.
- Identify the causes of mechanical breakdowns and repair as needed.
- Conduct routine maintenance and safety checks (preventative maintenance).
- Rebuild mechanical assemblies such as capper chucks, horizontal bagger clips.
- Ability to operate production equipment.
- Ability to work off ladders and aerial platforms (scissor lifts).
- Able to use hand power tools.
- Create and complete Work Orders into Computer Maintenance Monitoring System (CMMS).
- Perform building repairs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs all work in a safe manner to include following specific procedures for LOTO before making repairs.
- Attends daily and monthly safety meetings
- Understands and follows good manufacturing practice (GMPs).
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have own tools and multimeter
- Standard and Metric Box Wrenches
- Standard and Metric Socket Wrenches
- Adjustable Wrenches
- Channel Locks
- Screw Drivers
- Standard and Metric Allen Wrenches
- Specialty tools will be provided by the Company.
- This list is not all inclusive
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of experience as a maintenance mechanic is required.
- Experience using the internet, spreadsheets, and Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) is preferred.
- Certificates pertaining to the job such as: Certified Welding Certificate, Journeyman Machinist Certificate, Boiler Training Certificate & Better Processing School preferred.
- Understanding of Production processing and Quality Control Measurements.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's is required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations is required.
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and comply with all safety policies and requirements.
- Ability to stay up to date on new products, equipment, technology, and techniques is required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace and stressful environment.
- Ability to work constantly walking, standing, bending, twisting, reaching, grasping and lifting throughout the entire shift.
- Ability of manual movement of parts and tools that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work weekends and overtime with little notice is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.