We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent delivery. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing North America and with matrix function reporting to the Global Head of Communications, the Director of Communications & Events North America will own and drive initiatives and programs that improve the overall effectiveness of internal and external communication in the region and have an integral part in developing and executing our conference & event strategy.
The ideal candidate for this position will be highly engaged and motivated, work well independently and within a team environment, and work effectively on multiple competing demands while ensuring attention to detail and timelines are met.
- Develop a communication strategy aligned with business objectives in partnership with the NA Marketing, Global Communications (London), and Leadership Teams.
- Roll out an employee engagement strategy for NA in collaboration with NA HR, broader Leadership, and Corporate Communications teams.
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs creatively by programming and utilizing internal communication channels.
- Ensure business goals are translated into well-crafted and evidenced messages so that North American employees are aligned and informed
- Manage Town Hall meetings and internal webinars, including identifying topics and content, setup, hosting, and surveys
- Ensure internal communications are consistent with external communications.
- Plan, edit, and write content for various internal communications mediums, such as staff intranet, success stories, relevant insights, etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to position and amplify hero products in hero categories in the B2B and other relevant earned media as well as owned media
- Responsible for maintaining the master brand image, identity, and communication style while understanding how to position it to communicate effectively within OFI.
- Align brand positioning, value propositions, messaging, and creative strategy by understanding and refining senior leadership’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in strategic discussions, provide creative solutions, and advise on transformation/operational excellence initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field required
- Ten (10) years relevant experience is required, with minimum five  years external communications
- Experience managing social media platforms and building out communication strategy is required.
- Experience working with Public Relations firms to build and execute communication strategies to increase brand awareness is required.
- Experience drafting media materials, including press releases, factsheets, opinion articles, etc, and pitching ideas to media/managing a press office
- Incident management experience required, preferably food & beverage consumer withdrawal or recall-related
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with senior leadership, key influencers, and cross-functional teams are required.
- Proven ability as a writer to quickly understand and articulate what businesses need employees to know, feel, and do.
- Ability to turn complex ideas into simple, honest, and compelling communications with attention to detail. Will be required to deliver succinct talking points and superb written communications for leaders.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical, with ability to assess and report on campaign effectiveness
- Must be a self-starter who enjoys building things from the bottom up.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment and quickly adapt to change.
- Must remain calm under pressure and drive progress within ambiguity.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for the business is required, with potential for international travel in the future.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.