We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Mechanic Apprentice works under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Lead performing repairs and preventative maintenance. This position will assist with industrial equipment troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. A large amount of preventative maintenance may require the take down of the entire production line, and going through piece by piece to ensure that the worn pieces are replaced, and that all items have been repaired. Also there may be fabrication, welding, and elementary plumbing, as well as being involved in air-plumbing or hydraulics. Perform periodic inspections, testing, and adjustments necessary to maintain the processing systems in peak operating condition. Perform all these duties while adhering to the safety principles and procedures required by Olam Spices.
- Repair and maintenance on heavy equipment, and experience with tools required to repair such equipment.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to maintain, repair and rebuild pumps, motors, sprockets, conveyors and bearing replacements.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance procedures on a scheduled basis.
- Inspect belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, grease bearings, seals, and repair or replace broken parts.
- Ability to complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on equipment using maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Perform the tasks associated with a preventative maintenance program which includes cleaning, lubrication, adjustments, visual inspections, minor repairs and calibrations, necessary to maintain equipment, machinery, and associated hardware at required intervals.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and respond well to instruction and supervision
- Follow all safety, health & environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s HACCP, GMP’s, Lock Out Tag Out, job safe practices and other related programs.
- Must have or be able to obtain an LTO license
- Good attendance/safety/work record
- Ability to work all shifts and days off
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) years of work experience in a manufacturing facility, to include:
- Maintenance of conveyors, pumps, fans and other process equipment
- Oxy-acetylene and electric arc welding and cutting of carbon steel.
- Basic metal fabrication and the ability to weld stainless steel.
- Basic pneumatics includes troubleshooting and replacement of solenoid valves, air cylinders, and other components.
- Basic hydraulics include troubleshooting and replacement of hydraulic cylinders, lines, valves and other components.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Perform root-cause fault diagnostics on mechanical systems to identify and correct machinery and/or system failures.
- Industrial maintenance experience working within a manufacturing environment; processing, milling, quality and related equipment knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to read and complete required paperwork.
- Ability to perform required mathematical calculations.
- Meet all physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, wet, dusty, odorous, noisy environments.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at high elevations, atop ladder or man lift, on the roof, underneath equipment.
- Physically able to wear the required personal protective equipment.
- Physically able to perform “heavy” work.
- Must possess hand tools common to the industrial mechanic trade.
- Includes but is not limited to, grinder, vise, drill, and other small hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers and hammers. May also use welding equipment and saws. This is not an inclusive list of tools.
Supervision: (List of positions supervised, if applicable)
# Direct Reports: 0
# Indirect Reports: 0
Contacts: Indicate with whom, purpose, frequency, and method
The pay for this role in the state of California is $34.84 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.