We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely deliveries and for all assigned tasks related to the outbound team. Potential employees must develop an understanding of external and internal customers’ needs and take action to ensure that such needs are met. This position will work to maintain positive relationships with vendors and customers ensuring success for the Covoya Specialty Coffee Team, and must be a team player who is excited to be part of a dynamic team and advancing company goals. The ideal candidate should be highly organized, detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking.
- Manage the warehouse release process to ensure timely delivery to customers. Produce delivery orders and invoices for releases
- Track shipments and provide updates to sales team and manager
- Liaison with third party warehouses and truckers for product delivery
- Conduct monthly stock-reconciliations with warehouse’s inventory report
- Compare and negotiate cost of 3rd party service providers
- Manage customer claims for shortages or losses. Resolve concerns and address issues quickly
- Work with internal stakeholders to follow-up on past due payments from customers
- Conduct special projects for the Specialty Coffee team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in Customer Service, freight management or logistics is required
- Understanding of INCOTERM, Shipping Industry & local US Transportation industry is preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office, are required
- Outstanding written communication skills and positive customer support behaviors are required
- Ability to solve problems independently is required
- Willingness to collaborate or request assistance when needed is required
- Experience working within a transportation environment is preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines is required
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $24.60/hr - $31.98/hr and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.