ofi is a global leader offering naturally good food & beverage ingredients and solutions. At the forefront of consumer trends, we provide manufacturers and retailers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is part of that delight. From plant to palate, we take care of the ingredients. We are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. We add value through our unique manufacturing footprint and natural, delicious and nutritious products. Our fresh ideas help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices to create naturally healthy and delicious food & beverage products. Whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Labeling and Design Coordinator will be assisting the design team and is responsible for managing the packaging and labeling projects from launch to print. They support our fast-paced design department with many projects at various stages including review, approval, and print. This position will also partner with other departments and vendors to obtain the information needed to meet timelines and complete projects.
- Liaison between the graphics department and all internal departments and external vendors regarding the status of the job, assets, deadlines, technical specs
- Proofread and ensure accuracy of all marketing content for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency, die line accuracy, color, layout, design, and print
- Ensure UPC barcode and item number are accurate
- Participate in packaging and labeling development with light graphic design projects
- Timely route and ensure print proofs receive appropriate approvals
- Participate in launch revision of labels
- Review packaging layouts from Private Label designers via online portals, advise of required revisions
- Maintain, organize, and ensure accurate project files with internal retention standards
- Participate in mock presentations including, but not limited to gathering and preparing samples, Identify and escalate to Director potential quality concerns that may be caused by various packaging methods for our products
- Photograph and document individual packaging steps
- Work cross-functionally to ensure literature layouts and other marketing materials meet brand and print standards
- Participate and monitor cross-functional projects with short to long-term focus ensuring timelines and appropriate approval are met
- Ensure all company guidelines compliance standards are upheld and met for all marketing materials created
- Maintain satisfactory attendance to include timeliness
- Maintain the company's commitment to providing quality products and services with an emphasis on labeling requirements, legality, and integrity
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable safety, quality, regulatory and environmental regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate is required + four (4) years of product labeling/graphic design OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Design, or Marketing
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, story-telling, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industry tools and software, such as project management tools such as Jira, Trello, MS Project, etc.
- Knowledge of print production, die lines, color, typography, and pre-press a PLUS!
- Possesses strict attention to detail
- Self-driven, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous packaging design related experience in the food industry or cosmetic industry with knowledge of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) labeling regulations is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated Problem solving ability and willingness to learn
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $22.74 - $29.57/hr and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.