We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will coordinate maintenance activities and repair of machines, tools, equipment, buildings, grounds, and utilities associated with our manufacturing operation. The Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for directly assisting all maintenance staff as needed and will be expected to meet or exceed set goals related to plant productivity, cost, food safety, and employee safety objectives.
- Coordinate and supervise the members of the maintenance department.
- Reviews job orders, schedules repairs, maintenance and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in a prioritized manner to ensure continuous operation of the facility.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance program.
- Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Review production, quality, and maintenance reports.
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Create and submit purchase orders and invoices along with other documentation as required.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and material.
- Confer with management, engineering, and quality personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment, and facilities.
- Review new and existing production plans and discuss equipment needs and modifications with other department managers and plant manager.
- Assist Management in effective employee relations to include but not limited to training, discipline, scheduling employees in accordance with policies and employment laws.
- Evaluate, develop, or revise standard operational procedures and work practices. Observe employees to ensure compliance with those standards.
- Understand ofi / OEN Safety, Food Safety and GMP policies, work safely and report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions to the Plant Manager or Safety Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical College Certificate/Diploma is preferred.
- Two to five years of maintenance supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical proficiency.
- Intermediate to Advanced Mechanical Skills are required.
- Basic Computer Skills (including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, is required. Must be able to communicate across multiple levels.
- Strong people management, communication, motivational, and customer service skills.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred not required.
- Familiarity with Safety and Food Safety programs.
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.