Location: Bayonne, NJ, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 242
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Safety Supervisor will be responsible for managing health and safety within the Bayonne, New Jersey site ensuring a safe, accident-free workplace. The Safety Supervisor will train managers, supervisors and employees on best practice workplace safety. They will inspect the organization’s facilities, complete root cause analysis and make recommendations to monitor and ensure sustainability of corrective actions. The safety supervisor will work cross-functionally to address and mitigate safety concerns and foster an inclusive safety-first work culture.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and well-versed in health and safety initiatives and regulations. They will lead and influence the safety culture of all employees. Ability to handle multiple competing demands in a fast-paced environment is critical for success.
• Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of health, safety or combination of experiences or seven (7) years of health/safety experience in lieu of a degree
• Applied knowledge and working understanding of OSHA, CalOSHA, regulatory compliance, experience with inspections, incident investigations, remediation, process safety, contractor safety, safety training, hazard reviews, and job analysis.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record required. Required to obtain a New Jersey driver’s license within thirty (30) days of hire
• Ability to respond to off-hour incidents as needed
• Ability to coach Culture Change teams/events
• Good organizational skills with an ability to effectively prioritize
• Ability to build effective relationships resulting in a safe workplace
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.