Location: Firebaugh, CA, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 217
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable, and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager, the Sanitation Lead will oversee, direct, and assist the Sanitation Team for the cleaning and sanitation of plant buildings, equipment and external locations. The Sanitation Lead also assists the Quality Assurance Manager with programs related to sanitation, water quality, wastewater, ozone system and general plant upkeep
• Oversee and assist with the cleaning and organization of internal and external locations.
• Oversee and assist with the sanitation of processing equipment and utensils.
• Oversee and assist with sanitation corrective actions identified during environmental testing, audits, inspections, etc.
• Work and coordinate with all departments to address the sanitation needs of all areas as required.
• Provide job specific, chemical and safety training to Sanitation Team as required.
• Inventory and order cleaners, sanitizers and other supplies as needed.
• Complete sanitation records as needed. Verify sanitation records completed by other Sanitation Team members.
• Assist Quality Assurance Manager with the review of sanitation procedures, programs and forms as required to ensure documents are current and relevant.
• Oversee and assist with well water readings, potable water meter readings and wastewater meter readings as needed.
• Oversee and assist with applicable water and chemical testing as required.
• Oversee and assist with the collection of water samples from water distribution systems, water wells and wastewater systems to submit to third party laboratory for testing as required by local and state entities.
• Review, maintain and submit third party laboratory reports for the creation of quarterly reports as required.
• Oversee and assist with ozone system monitoring and general maintenance as required.
• Work with external contacts for water quality, third party laboratory, ozone system as needed.
• Perform applicable utensil, equipment and building inspections as required.
• Operate a forklift and aerial lift device to move equipment and remove waste as needed.
• Operate company vehicle to monitor meter readings and collect water samples around perimeter areas of the plant.
• Member of the Food Safety Team responsible for conducting audits, internal inspections and attending meetings as required.
• Notify management of potential food safety or safety issues as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required; however, an associate degree is preferred.
• At least five years of sanitation experience in a food plant with a proficient knowledge of sanitation practices, equipment and chemicals is preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Certified Water Distribution Operator by the State of California preferred.
• Ability to work with cleaning, sanitation and water treatment chemicals.
• Ability to work with sanitation related utensils, equipment, dispensers, mixers, etc.
• Ability to identify issues, determine root cause and provide technical input.
• Ability to work at elevated heights.
• Ability to work in small, closed areas.
• Perform Lock-Out/Tag-Out as required.
• Valid drivers’ license.
• Ability to operate a forklift and aerial lift devices.
• Ability to comprehend and comply with all company and plant policies, procedures and programs.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision and direct others.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
• Ability to work long hours and have schedule flexibility as needed.
• Ability to work in extreme temperature conditions, including hot, cold, rain, wind, etc.
• Ability to wear all job specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including hair coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, bump cap, work boots, etc.
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $24.56/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.