Location: Firebaugh, CA, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 215
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real
Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager, the Lab Tech will collect product samples, perform quality related testing against established specifications and document results from each test. The Lab Tech will perform these job functions individually, with other team members and/or with cross functional teams.
· Collection of product samples from applicable production areas as required.
· Conduct product testing using various methods and equipment to measure against established specification requirements.
· Clearly and accurately document product test results as required.
· Ongoing communication of product test results with Lab Leads in an effort to minimize out of specification material.
· Assist Lab Leads and/or Micro Technician with special sample collection, environmental sample collection and special testing as needed.
· Keep lab utensils, equipment and work areas clean and organized.
· Notify management of potential food safety or safety issues as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required, however an Associate’s Degree is preferred.
· Prior experience in a laboratory environment and/or with quality control testing processes is preferred.
· Must have attention to detail while performing repetitious activities.
· Ability to operate quality/lab related testing equipment and utensils.
· Ability to comprehend and comply with all company and plant policies, procedures and programs.
· Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
· Ability to work long hours and have schedule flexibility as needed.
· Ability to work in extreme temperature conditions, including hot, cold, rain, wind, etc.
· Ability to wear all job specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including hair coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, bump cap, work boots, etc.
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $18.81/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.