Location: Rochelle, GA, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 220
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to Operations Director, the Foreign Materials Systems Manager (FMSM) will be responsible for managing the Preventative Maintenance (PM) operations on all Olam Peanut Shelling Sorters located in the facilities.
This position will work directly under mid to senior level managers and is expected to learn the manufacturing process and understand the impact of the plant performance on the overall business. The FMSM will develop a working knowledge of all FM removal units including but not limited to Stick Machines, Shakers, Gravities, Stoners, Metal Detectors, Magnets, etc., while helping to monitor and manage all units. The FM Systems Manager is on call 24/7.
• Direct and lead the local maintenance and operations team to perform all Preventative Maintenance on Sorters at each location (every 8 weeks) including but not limited to:
• Attend industry applicable training as required to remain competent with industry trends and changes.
• Responsible for the training of operators and maintenance techs.
• Oversee the changes to programs as pertaining to new crop or other changes in product at each OPS facility.
• Oversee the performance of all other Foreign Material removal equipment for proper operation.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
• Coordinate and negotiate the ordering of parts for repairs and spares in line with budget and cost controls for OPS facilities.
• Oversee the logbook for each location for parts ordered, repairs, and weekly check sheets.
• Ensure all aspects of the operations meet Olam standards for QMS and meet regulatory requirements for food safety.
• While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers to handle / feel or pull; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Olam Peanut Shelling, even though the assignment may not have been specifically outlined previously in this job description.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• Five (5) years Systems Managements experience is required. Candidates with a Mechanical Engineering degree only require two (2) years of Systems Management experience.
• Food manufacturing experience is required, Peanut Shelling industry experience is preferred.
• Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time is required
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions is required.
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery is required.
• Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]