We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Controls Maintenance Technician will provide support to Maintenance and Operations by troubleshooting and diagnosing day to day issues with production equipment controls, such as PLCs, VFDs and other drives, as well as other electrical and mechanical components.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of PLC controls, troubleshooting, diagnostic and basic programming. Allen Bradley and Automation Direct PLCs highly desired.
Knowledge of Allen Bradley VFDs programming/setting, troubleshooting and diagnostic.
Be able to read/interpret ladder diagrams and drawings. Be skillful accessing PLC programs through a laptop and determine failures, diagnostic program issues, etc. Knowledge of AB Studio, PanelView, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, PowerFlex, etc.
- Create and complete Work Orders into Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Performs all work in a safe manner to include following specific procedures for Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) before making repairs.
- Understands and follows good manufacturing practice (GMPs).
- Observe functionality of equipment to determine the need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Completes preventative maintenance (PM) work as assigned and according to schedule
- Uses schematics, blueprints and diagrams to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment or process-related issues and problems
- Makes recommendations regarding working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of equipment.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance to include timeliness
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable safety, quality, regulatory and environmental regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate plus five (5) years of controls maintenance experience
- Maintenance in a food manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge and practical applications experience in electrical/electronics, PLCs, A/C and D/C motors, drives and controls.
- Ability to safely use power tools
- Proficiency in all phases of machine work
- Working understanding of CMMS system
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled in preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of packaging equipment
- Skilled in developing productive, collaborative working relationships across departments and with customers
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting, and executing simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at intermediate level; MS Outlook at an intermediate level
- Skilled in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to quickly resolve issues and communicate to team members effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
Ability to work flexible schedules, overtime and weekends as required
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $45.32 - $58.91 per hour and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.