Location: Blakely, GA, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 206
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Director of Quality & Food Safety, the Food Safety/QA Manager will manage and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) and Food Safety Policies in compliance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements at the plant level. This position is responsible for all documentation required for the program and audit purposes. This role will also assist in setting quality standards and ensure that production is maintained at such standards.
The Food Safety/QA Manager will ensure that all external and internal requirements on Quality, Food Safety and documentations are met before the product is shipped and reaches the customer. This position will work closely with Plant Managers on identifying and implementing the Continuous Improvement Program. The Food Safety/QA Manager will take the lead to discuss with Management Team on budget requirements and/or any other resources required to ensure compliance to all applicable standards and regulatory requirements at plant level.
• Verify compliance with Corporate Quality policies and procedures.
• Responsible for Internal Quality Systems Compliance and document control.
• Conduct planned and periodic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Quality and Food safety training including British Retail Consortium (BRC) and mandatory regulatory training for all the manufacturing, shipping, and warehouse teams.
• Monitor and verify the Food Safety Plan’s Critical Control Points and Control Points.
• Assist with conducting quality audits, identifying, documenting, and providing solutions for Non-Conformances (NCR's) Corrective Actions (CAR's) & Preventive Actions (PAR's).
• Communicate audit findings with stakeholders to ensure intentions and conclusions are fully understood.
• Ensure corrective and preventive actions are issued, implemented, verified, and closed within set timeframes.
• Ensure operations comply and adhere to In-process control checks, sanitation plan, pest control etc.
• Consult with company or department representatives regarding quality, food safety requirements and issues.
• Determine data-driven solutions and implement quality improvement plans.
• Performing regular inspections and reviews to ensure employees adhere to quality and food safety policies.
• Manage the customer complaint response process working with Departmental Managers to develop Root Causes and Corrective Actions.
• Manage product traceability and mock recall coordination.
• Complete and maintain Annual British Retail Consortium (BRC) audit rating and pass customer audits.
• Verify compliance with Federal, State and Local food safety regulations.
• Manage third-party auditing services such as BRC, Kosher etc.
• Generate and distribute Product Quality, Food Safety, Efficiency Monitoring reports as required by business team.
• Work on special projects with regards to organization’s orientations (Continuous Improvement, Statistics and Analysis, Research etc.).
• While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers to handle / feel or pull; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science/Microbiology/Chemistry is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases is required.
• Capacity to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment is required.
• Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and timeline is required.
• Ability to learn quickly with a high attention to detail is required.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• 3-5 Minimum years of experience required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]