Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 196
Job Title: Material Handler
Location: Phoenix, AZ
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Supervisor, as a Material Handler, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the efficient and accurate movement of materials within a warehouse and manufacturing facility. You will play a crucial role in maintain inventory accuracy, supporting production processes, and ensuring a smooth flow of materials throughout the organization.
• Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment. Comply with all federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations related to occupational safety.
• Equipment Operations: Safely operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks, following established safety guidelines and protocols. Conduct routing maintenance checks on equipment and report any issues or malfunctions.
• Quality Control: Inspect materials for damage, defects, or discrepancies. Collaborate with quality department personnel to ensure adherence to quality standards and report any non-conforming materials. Follow proper procedures for handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials if possible.
• Material Handling: Receive, inspect, and verify incoming materials and supplies against purchase orders or shipping documents. Safely transport materials to designated area using appropriate equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks. Organize and store materials in designated locations for easy retrieval and inventory control.
• Documentation and Reporting: Accurately complete all required documentation, such as receiving reports, materials movement logs, and inventory records. Generate reports on inventory levels, stock movements, and other related metrics as requested. Communicate inventory discrepancies, shortages, or delays to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Order Fulfillment: Retrieve requested materials from inventory based on work orders or requisitions. Prepare materials for distribution or shipment, ensuring proper packaging and labeling. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill material request in a timely manner and maintain accurate documentation.
• Inventory Management: Maintain accurate inventory records by performing regular stock counts and reconciling discrepancies. Monitor stock levels, identify low inventory situations, and initiate replenishment processes as necessary. Utilize inventory management systems or software to track materials and ensure adequate supply availability.
• Cleaning and Sanitization: Perform thorough cleaning and sanitization of all designated areas within the facility, including floors and common areas.
• Cleanliness and Organization: Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring that materials and equipment are properly stored, and waste is disposed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent: additional technical or vocational training in materials management or logistics is a plus.
• Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures related to materials handling.
• Compliance with health and hygiene standards, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
• Proven experience as a Materials Handler or similar role in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
• Strong understanding of materials handling principles, inventory management, and supply chain operations.
• Physical stamina and ability to perform repetitive tasks, lift heavy objects, and work in a physically demanding environment.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills to maintain accurate inventory records and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks, with appropriate certifications if required.
• Familiarity with inventory management systems or software for accurate tracking and record-keeping.
• Basic computer skills for data entry, report generation, and communication
• Physical stamina and ability to perform manual lifting, bending, and moving heavy objects.
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques, sanitation practices, and the use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and department.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To Be Completed By HR:
Reviewed On: 9/27/23
Approved By: Production Manager