Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 197
Job Title: Production Operator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Production Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining various machinery and equipment to ensure smooth production processes and meet organization goals. This role requires a high level of technical expertise, attention to detail, and commitment to quality. The Production Lead will perform equipment operations, conduct routine maintenance tasks, monitor production quality, optimize efficiency, and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment. Comply with all federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations related to occupational safety.
• Quality Control: Monitor and maintain quality standards by conducting regular checks and inspections during the production process. Take corrective actions when necessary to ensure products meet specifications and comply with regulatory requirements.
• Equipment Operation: Operate assigned machinery and equipment according to the established procedures and guidelines. This may include but it not limited to production machines, manufacturing tools, assembly lines, or computer-controlled systems.
• Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning, lubricating, and inspecting equipment, to ensure proper functionality and prevent breakdowns. Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions or issues promptly and efficiently.
• Production Efficiency: Optimize equipment by adjusting settings, monitoring production rates, and identifying opportunities for process improvements. Minimize downtime by anticipating maintenance needs and coordinating with maintenance staff as required.
• Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of production activities, equipment performance, and any incidents or deviations. Complete production reports, logs, and other required documentation as per standard operating procedures.
• Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with team members, supervisors, and other departments to ensure smooth workflow and effective communication. Share knowledge, insights, and best practices to support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Cleanliness and Organization: Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring that materials and equipment are properly stored, and waste is disposed appropriately.
• Material Handling: Receive, inspect, and verify incoming materials and supplies. Safely transport materials to designated area using appropriate equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks. Organize and store materials in designated locations for easy retrieval and inventory control.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks, with appropriate certifications if required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent; technical certification or vocational training is a plus.
• 1-4 years of experience as a Production Operator or similar role in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
• Strong technical and mechanical aptitude, with the ability to operate and troubleshoot various types of equipment.
• Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures related to equipment operation and maintenance.
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques, sanitation practices, and the use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately.
• Good problem-solving to detail and the ability to make decisions quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members and convey information clearly.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.