Location: Dublin, TX, United States
Job Function: Operations
Req Number: 165
Job Title: Assistant Plant Manager
Location: Dublin Texas
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for applying scientific engineering theory and principles to problem solving techniques in a modern food processing facility. May study and record time, motion, method, and speed involved in performance of production, maintenance, and other worker operations. For purposes of establishing standard production and improving productivity. The successful candidate must be highly organized, meticulous, and capable of multi-tasking, an initiative-taking, and possess persuasive communication skills. Candidates will train directly under mid to senior level managers and are expected to learn all aspects of the manufacturing process and understand the impact of the plant performance on the overall business.
• Review and/or establish production scheduling, to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing, work procedures or duty assignments.
• Team with supervisors to coordinate operations and process activities.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems. Ensure that all main and production planning meet established baseline efficiencies.
• Conduct field studies on equipment, production rates, and efficiencies.
• Assist Human Resources with employee related issues.
• Assist operations and logistic teams with inventory management as required.
• Assumes responsibility of Plant Manager in their absence.
• Ensure all aspects of the operations meet Olam standards for QEHS and meet regulatory requirements for food safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical preferred) or a combination of technical experience and a degree in science curriculum.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in contrasting functions.
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.