We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Logistics Operations Manager will provide managerial, functional and technical expertise in the areas of packaging and distribution services. Focus on improving execution in the areas of scheduling customer orders in packaging, inventory control, customer service, shipping, receiving, food safety, and effective transport of raw and finished materials. Manage the Distribution, Shipping/Receiving and Packaging departments in a quality, safe and efficient manner, while working with USDA, Safety, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Inventory planning, Operations, and Maintenance. They will maintain daily awareness of the supply and demand situation for Olam produced products. The candidate will execute appropriate actions to resolve inefficient product movement by working with Customer Service and Plant Operations to achieve acceptable customer service at minimum cost. They will deliver distribution service programs on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to continuously deliver cost savings opportunities, build a strategic supplier relationship, establish better services, and demonstrate leadership. They will understand the important needs of the total Supply Chain and benefits of an integrated chain.
- Work with accounting and operations to maintain accurate inventory and reporting systems for finished products, raw materials, packaging, and ingredients. Confirm inventory processes are in place to meet or exceed corporate quality standards for food safety (recall) and positive material release requirements and accuracy and ensure distress levels are managed within budget.
- Oversee and confirm that orders for shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer requirements and established corporate level service targets.
- Successfully lead, develop and coach team to achieve key goals and objectives ensuring company standards for shipment quality. Ensure focus on employee training and development.
- Ensure a safe work environment and collaborate with the Safety department to meet corporate goals and governmental standards including but not limited to training and certifications on forklifts, order pickers, floor maintenance equipment and fall protection.
- Develop relationships with Plant Operations, Corporate Supply Chain, Transportation, Sales and customer contacts in order to promote a high standard of customer service.
- Manage labor costs to a favorable variance to ensure that the operations meet or exceed planned service levels and approved budget.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the distribution, scheduling, packaging, and shipping and receiving departments.
- Works with offsite warehousing to handle and maintain product integrity as well as correct product rotation.
- Achieve monthly throughput goals set forth by Corporate and Logistics by continuing to monitor proper manpower needed to process customer and stock transfer orders.
- In collaboration with Quality Assurance, coordinate all Material Safety Data Sheets and allergens for raw and packaging items to ensure safety within the plant.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of slotting and material flow (raw, package, finished goods) to develop innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness where appropriate. Duties include data collection, analysis, evaluation, scenario recommendations to support warehousing, transportation. Profit and Loss responsibility where appropriate.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement new and revised practices to achieve goals and standards.
- Develop tactical plans to execute the company strategies for the Distribution network to optimize both cost and customer requirements.
- Manage planning process for work force and workflow to ensure tactical execution of plans.
- Research and develop different modes of transportation and weigh out advantages and disadvantages. Manage the transportation process and incorporate key trends within the industry.
- Collaborates with manufacturing management to develop facility strategy and organizational line of sight to achieve stretch objectives.
- Develop and maintain departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure the department is operating in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Incorporate various improvement methodologies and techniques to drive systematic change and savings in daily operations.
- Be Proactive in maintaining all Warehouses in a clean and sanitary state ready for unannounced internal audits, and customer audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Operations, logistics, transportation, distribution, business administration or related field is highly preferred.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in warehouse operations, transportation management and/or supply chain management is required.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of distribution operations and logistics, as well as information systems, customer service, transportation, inventory management and supply chain management.
- Must be decisive and innovative, and possess solid interpersonal, communications and presentation skills, strong influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Develop and implement shop floor metrics that drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Continuous Improvement Manager and develop and deliver on VSA projects.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems including SAP is preferred.
- Computer program literacy including but not limited to Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- The ability to effectively communicate and build a productive work environment is required.
- Working knowledge and skill in food safety and good manufacturing practices are required.
- Ability to identify and utilize key business/discipline drivers and key success factors to drive performance and continuous improvement is required.
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 20% is required.
The pay for this role in the state of CA ranges from $92,000-$120,000 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.