We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
The _Packaging Specialist will have responsibilities associated with the handling of materials, including filling, sealing, stacking, lifting, and cleaning the line he/she may be working on. This will include completing specific data and documentation for each order. A good portion of the job is hands-on and requires the ability to communicate with a diverse population. The specialist will have the ability to enter and obtain information from our database. The perfect candidate will be observant and have great communication skills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge or have the aptitude to learn how to operate all of Packaging equipment fillers, case erectors, case sealers, box/tote making, stacking and label printers, stretch wrap machines.
- Assist with the Processing of Customer Orders
- Filling containers – MWB’s, Poly Bags and/or Super Sack’s with requested Customer Item and weight at line designated speed.
- Performing Random Container Weight Checks and Nursing container to Adjustment
- Sealing Containers via Heat Sealer and/or Taped boxes
- Stacking Containers to specific pallet configurations as requested by orders
- Securing Containers to Pallet via Stretch Wrap or Poly cord
- Moving containers into place as need to complete required tasks
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas
- Ensure all containers are free of Foreign Material
- Inspect each container as it is staged Production
- Inspect the top lid of Containers and clean before opening
- Inspect the Drum Ring on the Container when appropriate to ensure no Foreign Material has become lodged between the ring and the Drum lid
- Inspect the bottom Ring of the container to ensure no Foreign Material has become logged between the ring and the drum
- Using a Vacuum and brush attachment (no air Blowing) to remove all Foreign Material for drums
- Remove any loose pieces of Fiber Flagging from Drums
- Remove all flagged labels, placards, signs or notes from Container.
- Document and Record inspections
- Sweep and maintain the Prep area to ensure the area is safe and free of Foreign Material
- Assist with providing effective communication with leads and Management team
- Promote teamwork and achievement of OFI goals by coordinating and participating in meetings between all departments to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information.
- Facilitate the required medal detector tests and record results.
- Complete all Paperwork and Quality assurances associated with the Customers process order accurately and legibly.
- Verify that all line Quality inspection have taken place.
- Ensure that appropriate line Blow downs take place during change over.
- Capture record the PKLO material data at the end of the runs.
- Ensure proper communications with the Drum Operator upstairs to avoid delays and over dumping.
- Participate or lead the recording of the Shift Hand Over at the end of each day.
- Multi-task oriented
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
- Have at least 1 years of relative experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak or understand English Language preferred but not required.
- Ability to read write in English preferred but not required.
- Ability to walk from building to building and up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, hot/cold environment.
- Must be able to work in an environment that includes exposure to both dry chemicals and liquid, water, and solvent based liquid chemicals.
- All the packaging specialists will be required to be trained and follow all SOP’s and GMP’s pertaining to Food Safety, Personal Safety other related programs.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that appreciates diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, GMP’s, job safe practices and other related programs.
Protective Equipment Required
- Forklift Seat Belts
- Safety Glasses
- Bump Cap
- Beard Cover
- Ear Plugs (Going into Mill)
- Long sleeve shirt issued by company
- Safety Vest
- Steeled Toed Shoes
- Dust mask when operating filling equipment
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $17.70/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.