We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
This position is responsible for leading and organizing the efforts of hourly personnel in the department and specifically those assigned to their shift. Reporting to Logistics Supervisor/Logistics Manager.
- Daily generate and report established key indicators to Management.
- Must be able to coach, motivate and train new hires.
- Maintains positive, encouraging culture within the organization.
- Must be a certified forklift driver or possess the aptitude to become a certified forklift driver with the ability to maneuver the forklift into and around small, tight areas and have the ability to stack heavy loads into high places.
- Oversees the work efforts and productivity of team.
- Maintains positive interactions with all internal/external customers.
- Oversees audit/filing of all documents.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required; sitting, standing and walking will constitute 90% or more of a work shift to include stooping, kneeling and lifting.
- Facilitation of all departmental safety audits, HAACP and GMP audits and daily checklists.
- Will be required to follow all department SOP’s (once trained in all).
- Timely reporting of all safety incidents and near misses.
- Manage any extra material in orders (4444)
- Communicate with planning for any allocations or reallocations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated Strong leadership role- good communication skills and Team building results.
- Must have the Ability to prioritize tasks and Strong ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience leading and directing a work team.
- Basic Computer/keyboard skills and experience using a computer in a Windows environment. Experience with SAP desired but not required. ****
- Must have the Desire and Ability to provide strong analytical critiques of those reporting to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work any shift, flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- No disciplinary actions within 12 months (2 points and under)
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English.
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Must provide a Resume.
- Any other duties as needed.
- Material moving attachments.
- Computer and Software
- Forklift drivers 25% Verbal
- Packaging Specialist and Operator 20% Verbal
- Department Lead 10% Phone, Verbal and E-mail
- Packaging Admin 10% Phone, Verbal and E-mail
- Department Supervisor 20% Phone, Verbal and E-mail
- Department Manager 10% Phone, Verbal and E-mail
Protective clothing or equipment required.
- Safety Glasses
- Bump Cap
- Beard Cover
- Safety Vest
- Steeled Toed Shoes
- Outside drivers and carriers, Dispatcher, Customer Op 5% Phone, Verbal and E-mail
THE PACKAGING DEPARTMENT IS A STAND ALONG ROOM WITH CONTROLED WARM TO HOT, DRY HEAT. MULITPLE FANS ARE USED TO MOVE AIR THROUGH OUT THE ROOM TO MAKE CONDICTIONS MORE COMFORTABLE. THESE FANS ARE THE SOURCE OF NOISE.
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $24.75/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.