We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable, and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to _Logistics Supervisor,
The Logistic Lift Truck operators (Shipping/Loading) will be required to work mainly on the shipping and Receiving dock and all other areas of the Warehouse and Packaging: Their primary responsibilities with be to Plan and Execute the various loading patterns shipping from the plant to our customers. Knowledge Including DOT weight restrictions and guidelines, dunnage applications, Trailer inspections and receiving procedures along with the normal Logistics LTO duties of Inventory Control, Packaging, Receiving, Shipping Activities using RF Scan Guns. Upon commencement of work the lift truck operator will be required to safely transport pallets of material to various warehouse locations based on order requirements
- Proper loading and Dunnage applications which satisfies DOT requirements for over Van, Container and Flatbed modes of transportation.
- Trailer inspection and Documentation for Food Safety purposes.
- Proper completions of Loading/Receiving paperwork
- Interpersonal and People skills that allow communication with Carriers and Drivers
- Lift truck operator will be required to accurately document and perform pre-shift inspection of lift truck.
- Lift Truck Operators will be required to always operate their Forklift in a safe and controlled manner.
- Lift truck operator will be required to use RF scanners to record their placement/movement of all Containers.
- Lift truck operator may be required to work all areas associated with the Warehouse and Packaging Functions based on daily needs and assignments.
- The Lift Truck Operator will use a forklift to move and deliver various containers of product to various location, for various needs throughout the plant.
- Drivers will use printers/labels, if necessary, to identify all container that may be missing appropriate Labeling as they are moved.
- All Lift Truck Drivers will be trained in Material Safety and Quality Control Procedures to ensure that all parties and product are operating and handling Materials in compliance with company guidelines.
- Lift truck operator will be responsible to strictly follow all stacking requirements and product movement requirements set forth in the LTO training program.
- All Containers being moved into Packaging will have all flagged labels from the Container removed prior to placement inside Packaging.
- Assist with providing effective communication with Logistic and Logistics Management team.
- Lift Truck Operators loading Trailers must ensure that all Trailers/Containers being loaded or unloaded are secured via Dock/Trailer restraints before entering the trailer.
- Lift Truck Operators Loading or Receiving must complete a Trailer Inspections sheet to ensure that the Trailer/Containers is free from anything that might harm or contaminate the material being loaded or unloaded.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- All Lift Truck Operators will be required to be trained and follow all SOP’s and GMP’s pertaining to Food Safety, Personal Safety other related programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Forklift Seat Belts
- Safety Glasses
- Bump Cap
- Beard Cover
- Ear Plugs (Going into Mill)
- Safety Vest
- Steeled Toed Shoes
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English.
- Must successfully complete LTO training.
- Must be able to successfully work with computer equipment I.E., scanners and printers.
- Ability to read and complete all required paperwork.
- Keep accurate reports to guarantee a tight inventory control.
- Assist in Physical Inventories as needed.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Ability to perform all required mathematical calculations.
- Able to work any shift as needed.
- Help maintain the work area in a clean, safe, and orderly area.
- Any other duties as needed.
- Material Handling equipment
- Leads 30%
- Supervisors 20%
- Admin 10%
- Other Lift Truck Drivers 30%
External: Delivery and Shipping Drivers 10% Verbal
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $20.20/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.