We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed, and fiber to over
19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and
consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate
and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time,
seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses
such as Cocoa, Coffee, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8
million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14
innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value
chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management
solutions and agri-logistics.
ofi is a global leader offering naturally good food & beverage ingredients and solutions. At the
forefront of consumer trends, we provide manufacturers and retailers with products and
ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet
is part of that delight. From plant to palate, we take care of the ingredients. We are closer to
farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. We add
value through our unique manufacturing footprint and natural, delicious and nutritious
products. Our fresh ideas help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of
cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices to create naturally healthy and delicious food & beverage
products. Whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Shift Lead will directly supervise employees on the
designated shift in the plant. Other responsibilities will include planning, assigning, and
directing workflow. This position will also enforce all company rules, policies and procedures.
In addition, this position will assist in the investigate of all accidents such as work-related
injuries and property damages.
• Analyze and resolve work problems or assist shift employees in solving work
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to
ensure compliance with standards.
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and
adjustments of machines.
• Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Review time and production records.
• Perform activities of workers supervised.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product.
• Understand ofi Peanut Shelling safety policies, work safely and report any safety
hazards or unsafe conditions to the Plant Manager or Safety Coordinator.
• Follow ofi Peanut Shelling Company Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) guidelines.
• Follow all ofi Peanut Shelling Company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs),
Preventive Control Rules, and Occupational Safety Rules.
• Adhere to the safe work practices and comply with all company, federal and state
rules and regulations which apply to job, including but not limited to, Right to Know,
emergency evacuation, electrical safety, confined space, contractor compliance,
blood borne pathogens, and lockout/tagout.
• Reconcile timecards and work with employee work schedules to ensure appropriate
• Anticipate and trouble shoot production and quality issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma is required.
• Three (3) years supervisory experience is required. Experience in Peanut Shelling is
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment is required.
• Computer skills are required. Previous experience with Microsoft office is required.
• Must have a good understanding of safety principles and ensure employees work
• A strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and food
safety/HACCP principles is required.
• Must demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement of the process and cost
• Ability to manage employees and resolve personnel issues professionally is required.
• Basic trouble shooting skills to resolve mechanical and electrical issues is required.
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn the shelling process, including cleaning, shelling,
sorting, sizing and packaging of peanuts is required.
• Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without
discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age,
disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis
of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due
to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity