We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed, and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Mill Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day operations for the Milling area.
ofi is a global leader offering naturally good food & beverage ingredients and solutions. At the forefront of consumer trends, we provide manufacturers and retailers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is part of that delight. From plant to palate, we take care of the ingredients. We are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. We add value through our unique manufacturing footprint and natural, delicious and nutritious products. Our fresh ideas help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices to create naturally healthy and delicious food & beverage products. Whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
The ideal candidate will have the responsibility to achieve productivity, efficiency, cost, quality and safety objectives through both individual and team contributions. Provide direction, leadership, development and support to associates through empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Must be dependable, a team player and have good communication skills.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Develop and instruct employees on work assignments for shift to ensure safety, quality and production goals are met.
- Maintain daily production log, granulation and grade sheets with accurate input and legible handwriting.
- Ensure Food Safety standards are met by performing required checks and documentation.
- Identify issues in the Milling process and work to resolve in a timely manner.
- Assist in orientation of new and returning employees.
- Teach and train all personnel in the safe and sanitary operation of the plant and equipment.
- Monitor operation and make recommendations allowing department to safely operate at maximum efficiency with a focus on quality.
- Regularly communicate any issues, department goals and pertinent information to employees.
- Regularly monitor and adjust equipment to ensure quality and quantity standards are met.
- Perform Mill color sorter checks every 4 hours and communicate any deficiencies to the Production Supervisor and QA.
- Communicate any out of specification product to QA.
- Monitor or replace screens when necessary to make grade
- Supervise and direct plant sanitation on powder and flake mill cleanups.
- Report any employee performance issues to Production Supervisor.
- Inform Maintenance and/or Production Supervisor of any suspected machinery problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.