Reporting to the Wet Prep Lead, the wet prep general laborer will be responsible for completing all aspects of processing operations. The General Laborer should act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to leadership immediately.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, read and interpret safety instructions and procedure manuals. Ideal candidate must be willing to walk and stand up to 12 hours per day, occasionally push, pull, and lift up-to 20 pounds. Must be dependable, a team player and have good communication skills and wear PPE specific to position.
• Ensure all areas are kept clean and equipment is cleaned according to the schedule
• Ensure foreign material and product that doesn’t meet quality standards is removed from inspection lines.
• Assist in dryer cleanups and daily cleanings
• Frequently monitor machinery to ensure it is operating properly, if not running notify lead/supervisor.
• Keep tools, hoses and other equipment hung up and stored properly when not in use
• Assist maintenance personnel as needed
• Maintain a clean and sanitary appearance of self and facility
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Lock out/Tag out procedures
• Report any unsafe acts, or issues to management immediately
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalency preferred
• 1-3 months experience in a food manufacturing facility preferred
• Frequently stand, and walk up to 12 hours per daily
• Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull up to 20 pounds
• Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures
OFI provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.