We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production employees in a manufacturing environment. This position will plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures, conduct trainings, and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position will be required to ensure all safety, environmental, food safety, quality, and productivity objectives are met.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment. Ensure employee work habits and routines are in line with required health and safety protocols.
- Lead a team of employees including hiring candidates, onboarding, and training. Will work daily to motivate and develop the employees and ensure employees are held accountable.
- Ensure effective employee relations by providing necessary employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Manage and monitor employee timecards and attendance. Provide attendance coaching as needed and partner with Human Resources to ensure proper documentation.
- Chair daily tailgate meetings covering pressing issues, plant performance, and training.
- Ensure all annual training is completed in a timely manner.
- Direct work assignments.
- Set and manage expectations and provide ongoing feedback.
- Provide staffing recommendations ensuring appropriate resources are allocated to achieve departmental objectives/projects.
- Coordinate and communicate the hiring of production personnel and lead people for the completion of proposed production schedule.
- Understand and teach employees each step of product flow through the entire facility.
- Understand how to start, run, and shut down the entire process.
- Support employee retention goals and objectives.
- Achieve departmental objectives, supports business strategy, and achieve annual budget goals.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Perform routine safety and food safety inspections. Participate and lead internal audits with internal and external customers.
- Perform workplace inspection and behavioral based safety audits.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area throughout the facility and office area.
- Interpret and enforce company policies and regulations. Partner with other ofi leaders to create and implement needed programs.
- Partner with Quality to ensure production meets the requirements of the Quality Systems, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) rules, and that all production areas comply with audit/inspection expectations.
- Perform food safety inspections. Monitor and assist sanitation/Quality Assurance employees to ensure proper sanitation (HAACP and GMPs).
- Monitor and manage applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to sustain and improve production areas. KPIs can include but is not limited to Performance Metrics, Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency, Waste, Cost, and Savings.
- Actively observe and monitor materials and labor to achieve optimum capacity and overall cost reduction.
- Coordinate and communicate all information related to the usage of material and/or bulk product in the production of finished product.
- Perform accident investigations, document findings, and share findings with the appropriate teams.
- Manage and track ongoing inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities established by senior ofi leadership. Provide feedback on goals and production requirements.
- Communicate all production related information to production employees. Ensure information is shared timely and with appropriate parties.
- Participate in Daily Operations Review (DOR) when working on A shift.
- Lead and/or coach Shift Handover Meetings.
- Provide input to senior leadership on appropriate production budget. Ensure department adheres to budget goals.
- Proactively review established processes, identify improvement opportunities, and makes recommendations to the Production Manager.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers, vendors, employees, and peers.
- Take an active role in and support plant committees.
- Firmly adhere to the values and ethics of ofi.
- Maintain a positive "can do" outlook, rebound quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintain composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years plant experience in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is required.
- Ability to use and understand calculations used for unit costs, labor costs, and production amounts are required.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is preferred.
- Previous work experience managing budgets and production financial data is preferred.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in a group setting is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure with competing demands in a team environment is required.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers, vendors, employees, and peers is required.
- Certificates or accreditation from agencies are welcomed, such as from the American Society for Quality, or Association for Operations Management, etc., and/or advanced knowledge and experience in managing manufacturing operations.
- Computer skills, including e-mail and Microsoft Office are required. Previous experience with SAP and ADP is preferred.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities are required.
- Travel for this position is minimal but may be required.
- Ability to work any shift is required including nights, weekends, rotations, and long shifts are required.
The pay for this role in the state of California ranges from $65,248 - $84,823 and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within this range may be determined based on candidate’s experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.