Description Job Title: Quality Assurance ManagerJob Title: Quality Assurance ManagerLocation: Deming, NM Department: Quality Assurance FLSA Status: (to be assigned by Corporate HR): Exempt
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.Position Summary
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager will provide quality oversight for the chili team. This position will be responsible and accountable to maintain quality management systems, all food safety and certification programs and execute based on regulatory standards and customer specifications. They will provide the day-to-day support to the operations team for the measurement and management of product quality. They will work to ensure food safety across the product portfolio manufactured at the Deming plant in addition to product labelled and stored at other facility and warehouses. The Quality Assurance Manager will lead a team of supervisors and technicians to operate the laboratories through the year and will provide data and troubleshooting support to the operations team.
The ideal candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge in Quality Assurance management for canned products, preferably industrial chili processing. They should have great communication skills and be efficient when working with other departments within the facility. Ability to work well under pressure with many competing demands will be required for success in this position. Position Responsibilities
• Formulate, direct, and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the quality assurance department.
• Lead the effort to obtain and maintain the highest level of British Retail ConsortiumCertification.
• Ensure Quality System documents are current and conforms to Olam and regulatory standards.
• Manage and participate in internal and external auditing of quality systems.
• Lead and oversee the resolution of non-conforming areas.
• Audit company policies, procedures, and systems that affect product quality to assure compliance with the company’s quality system and good manufacturing processes. Prepare relevant documents and reports as needed.
• Work with relevant functions in an advisory role to assist with quality issues within their departments.
• Provide quality training to employees while promoting a Food Safety Culture in the plant.
• Troubleshoot product quality problems by researching and analyzing data to develop solutions and make recommendations.
• Oversee analytical work done at each step of the production process to assure that quality control standards are maintained.
• Lead disposition of product based on Quality Inspection results and data analysis based on risk assessment and business value analysis. Implement appropriate corrective actions and preventive actions.
• Engage with key customers with respective QA team to understand and apply quality systems and programs in compliance to customer requirements.
• Provide technical support to customers and assist in the resolution of problems.
• Review and approve the purchase of lab supplies and equipment.
• Ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs of laboratory instrumentation.
• Supervise employees engaged in quality assurance activities to ensure proper protocols are being utilized to meet quality standards.
• Responsible for hiring, training, monitoring, and assisting employees on the QA team.
• Enforce Olam policies, establish performance standards, and evaluate employee status.
• Maintain and manage the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Sanitation Standards Operating procedures (SSOP) programs and review daily documentation generated to assure regulatory and specification compliance.
• Oversee plant sanitation and pest control programs. Ensure compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), process and quality Standard Operating Procedures, and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
• Interface with Customer-auditors, third party auditors, Kosher Council, and county, state, and federal agencies as pertains to audits, GMP, HACCP, regulatory, quality, and food safety issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree in food science or microbiology or chemistry preferred.• Ten (10) years of Quality Assurance experience is required.
• Five (5) years of experience in a Supervisory role is required.
• Ability to understand plant operations, which include raw chili handling, thermal processing, aseptic packaging, chili canning, and value-added retail product manufacturing and packaging is required.
• Ability to lead and develop a team of supervisors in both technical capability and effective communication is required.
• Have knowledge in laboratory testing procedures including chemical, microbiology, and basic instrument testing as well as sensory analysis. Must possess the ability to work with all levels of employees in various functions within the organization.
• Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices. • Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
•Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data is required.
• Working knowledge of SAP (Systems Applications and Products) or other Enterprise resource planning software platforms for data analysis and decision making is required.
• Expertise in quality systems such as British Retail Consortium (BRC)/ Safety Quality Food (SQF), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), technical expertise in the area of physical, Chemical and Microbiological analysis is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.