Job Title: Maintenance Administrator
Location: HNI Plants (Hughson & Livingston)
FLSA Status: (to be assigned by Corporate HR): Non-Exempt
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Administrator will oversee our Maintenance Management Systems - Systems Applications and Products (SAP) while ensuring most recent data is updated and is accurately entered by the team. Supports management with data to implement corrective action as discovered in cycle counts, KPIs or other Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) data.
- Serve as office manager to include responsibility for office supplies, office equipment, establish and maintain filing systems, and maintain an accurate calendar.
- Manage the key control system which includes maintaining the key log system and key cabinet.
- Create and update maintenance procedures based on feedback.
- Schedule periodic contractor calibrations and Preventive Maintenance (PM).
- Collaborate with production on when to execute maintenance work.
- Assist, when necessary, in creating purchase requisitions for parts and services in SAP.
- Assist, when necessary, in creating blanket purchase orders annually or as needed.
- Assist the leads in planning and scheduling PM and work order assignments.
- Assist supply chain with onboarding new vendors.
- Work cross functionally with accounting to reflect proper cost allocations.
- Maintain accurate records via the maintenance management systems and copy other departments as required.
- Schedule calibrations for HNI plants and record in SAP. Notify internal customers of scheduled calibrations.
- Create and maintain Bills of Material (BOMs) for plant equipment based on feedback.
- Assist Inventory Coordinators in conducting cycle counts, inventories and obsolete parts surveys as directed.
- Be responsible for maintaining HNI/Olam’s commitment on providing quality products and services with an emphasis on Employee Safety, Food Safety, and Integrity.
- Track and file environmental audit requirements.
- Assist during BRCGS/Food Safety/Customer Audits.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintain complete and organized files. Including proper maintenance document control.
- Submit required reports accurately and on time.
- Maintain Maintenance training records.
- Manage departmental assignments ensuring all items are completed on time.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and professional work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years in a manufacturing facility required. Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- One year experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)/SAP PM module software preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English, are required. Bilingual, English and Spanish, is strongly preferred. Ability to communicate with personnel in an assertive and effective manner is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 software required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is required.
- Available to work flexible hours, shifts, and overtime when required.
- Available to work at all HNI facilities (Hughson & Livingston sites) when required.
- Ability to work in industrial conditions; hot, cold, wet…etc.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Candidate must be motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to network with senior internal and external administrative personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines, frequent interruptions, and competing priorities.
The pay for this role in the state of California ranges from $27.00- $35.00 per hour and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location. Actual pay within that range may be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications and/or other determining factors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.