We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
To oversee daily production operations of respected department. Responsible for team development and achieving targeted throughputs and KPIs all while ensuring a safe working environment.
Demonstrate an understanding and proficiency in all job functions of your respected department.
- Train and mentor, all team members to achieve optimal performance.
- Effectively assesses and troubleshoots any mechanical issues throughout the department to minimize downtime.
- Collaborate with QA department to make real time adjustments to maintain product quality standards. e.g. Color, Moisture, Bulk Index (BI), Stem, and Root Crown.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast pace working environment without sacrificing safety and quality while maintaining optimal efficiency.
- Demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking with regards to employee relations (minor disputes between team members).
- Oversee compliance with meal and break policy, ensuring all team members are relieved of all duties during meal and break periods.
- Lead shift hand over meetings and keep SHO Boards updated.
- Perform company tailgates covering topics ranging from safety to quality and collecting required paperwork.
- Timely reporting of all safety incidents and near misses.
- Verify the accuracy and completion of all required departmental documents. e.g., Downtime Logs, Metal Detector Forms, Re-Screener Forms and work orders.
- Effective cross departmental communication with regards to Process Orders, Product Quality, Product Inventory, Packaging material inventory, and equipment upkeep.
- Maintain active communication with Production Supervisors and Managers for any abnormal circumstances. e.g., Excess downtime, dryer down, loss metal detector ball, injury or safety issues, and equipment damage.
- Oversee and maintain a safe and clean department.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures by enforcing all rules, regulations, and standards as set forth by company policy and management.
- Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company's IIPP, GMP's, job safety practices and other related programs.
- Ability to comply with PPE: bump cap, safety glasses, face shield, boots, rubber boots, gloves, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned per job responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or two-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Show a strong desire to lead and develop team members.
- Maintain all annual certifications and displays proficiency with Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) application, Lift Truck (LTO), and Shuttle Truck.
- Possess strong intrapersonal communication skills. e.g., conflict resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively through multiple channels. e.g., radio, phone, and email
- Possess a valid driver license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Any Production or Manufacturing experiences is a plus.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed
- Work and rotate all shifts
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Work and rotate all work areas in specific department
- Must have good attendance and work record (Existing Employees)
Essential Job Functions:
- Onion Dehy
- Be able to maintain Onion Basket levels to not cause a gap in Production Dryer
- Be able to use a caliper tool to measure and document slice thickness.
- Onion Milling
- Safely utilize parasitic acid for dryer sanitation.
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $24.75/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.