We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Industrial Electrician works under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Lead performing repairs and preventative maintenance. This position will assist with industrial equipment troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service. A large amount of preventative maintenance may require the take down of the entire production line and going through piece by piece to ensure that the worn pieces are replaced, and that all items have been repaired. The Industrial Electrician will be part of the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems in the plant. They will test existing equipment and determine if components of a system need to be upgraded or replaced. They check switches, motors, regulators and other parts of an industrial electrical system as well as hydraulic, pneumatic including PLC upgrades and programming. Perform periodic inspections, testing, and adjustments necessary to maintain the processing systems in peak operating condition. Perform all these duties while adhering to the safety principles and procedures required by ofi.
- Repair and maintenance on heavy equipment, and experience with tools required
- to repair such equipment.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics; draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Required to maintain backups of programs from all electrical devices.
- Understands and can trouble-shoot and repair solid-state motor drives, solid-state temperature controllers, and computer-based controllers.
- Adjusts, calibrates and aligns circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Must be able to check newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Ability to complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of schedules maintenance procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and respond well to instruction and supervision
- Follow all safety, health & environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s
- HACCP, GMP’s, Lock Out Tag Out, job safe practices and other related programs.
- Must have computer skills, with the capability to use email, compile reports and spreadsheets for parts and project tracking.
- Must have or be able to obtain an LTO license
- Qualified in Arc Flash NFPA 70E
- Good attendance/safety/work record
- Ability to work all shifts and days off
- Over five (5) years of hands-on experience within electronics field.
- Certificates in Electronics Technology or equivalent training.
- Documented proficient working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens plc’s/controls/protocols platforms are required.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and make decisions.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Color Vision: Work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them by sight.
- Troubleshooting: Must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Industrial experience working within a manufacturing environment; processing, milling, quality and related equipment knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to read and complete required paperwork
- Ability to perform all required mathematical calculations
- Must pass Mechanic Test with a 70% score
- Physical Demands
- Meet all physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work in hot, cold, wet, dusty, odorous, noisy environments
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at high elevations, atop ladder or man lift, on the roof, underneath equipment
- Physically able to wear required personal protective equipment
- Physically able to perform “heavy” work
- Equipment Operation
- Must possess hand tools common to the industrial mechanic trade
- Includes but are not limited to, grinder, vise, drill, and other small hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers and hammers. May also use welding equipment and saws. This is not an inclusive list tools may be other tools.
The pay for this role in the state of CA is $49.61/hr. and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]