The Electrical Technician will work under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor performing a full range of duties and may provide technical assistance and guidance to lower level staff. This position is responsible for installing and maintaining the electrical systems, control systems, and process instrumentation throughout the facility. The Electrical Technician will perform routine and emergency maintenance on electrical distribution systems, digital and analog control systems, PLC systems and networks, pneumatic systems, transducers, sensors, and other plant electrical devices. This role will perform diagnostic analysis of failed or faulty electrical, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic components and systems to determine appropriate resolution for return to service. In addition, the Electrical Technician will perform periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities necessary to maintain the electrical, and control systems in peak operating conditions. All duties performed will be done so while adhering to the safety principles and procedures required by Olam as well as ensuring full industrial electrical compliance with applicable regulatory standards, i.e. OSHA, NFPA, NEC, etc.
- Ability to perform electrical work associated with industrial electric power distribution and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) control systems.
- Conduit and conductor installation and terminations ranging from 28 awg multi-conductor cable to 500 MCM.
- Network cable installation, termination, and testing, Control system component panel build and wiring from technical sketches, electrical schematics, and manufacturer documentation.
- Suggest improvements that optimize performance regarding designs, installations, hardware selection, and safety practices.
- Properly operate equipment in the application deployed by understanding the principles by which process instrumentation functions and perform set-up and calibration tasks.
- Perform root-cause fault diagnostics on live electrical systems to identify and correct electrical, mechanical, control, pneumatic, and computer system failures.
- Perform basic online Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) code review to assist in fault diagnostic tasks.
- Conduct tests to verify the performance of safety systems including fire detectors, hazardous material sensors, and gas detectors.
- Perform the tasks associated with the preventative maintenance program which includes cleaning, lubrication, adjustments, visual inspections, minor repairs and calibrations, necessary to maintain equipment, machinery, instruments, testing equipment, wiring, and associated hardware at required intervals.
- Maintain and calibrate electrical, electronic, hydraulic, gas burner, and pneumatic test instruments.
- Maintain required documentation of work and material utilized for task.
- Coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance with operations staff for minimal disruptions to operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Electronic Technology or five (5) years of experience in manufacturing working in installing, maintaining, repairing, calibrating, and replacing electrical equipment and machinery.
- Forklift certification is required. Candidate will be considered without certification but will be required to attain one for the position.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical and electronic testing techniques and procedures is required.
- Ability to use a variety of precision tools and diagnostic equipment is required. Will be required to read and interpret operation and maintenance instructions and manuals.
- Knowledge of math to perform and understand basic calculations is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Internet Explorer are required.
- Ability to perform and comprehend verbal and written communication in English is required.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, wet, dusty, odorous, and noisy environments is required.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at high elevations, atop ladder or man lift, on the roof, underneath equipment is required
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]