Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Job Function: Marketing
Req Number: 42
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing North America, the Senior Marketing Director, Private Label will lead the marketing team in setting and achieving the business strategy for Private Label. This strategic leader will serve as the primary interface between business development and product management platform departments.
The Senior Marketing Director, Private Label will have primary responsibility for leading and managing our expanding Private Label business. This charismatic leader will support the strategic direction of the business by building and executing marketing strategies to support continued growth including: using consumer and customer insights to inform innovation; building and executing marketing programs to drive awareness and adoption of our Private Label products and delivering customer presentations in coordination with Sales.
This strategic leader will work closely with the Business Development, Commercialization and Innovation teams to ensure on trend product innovation, timely product launches and comprehensive launch strategies as well as working closely with sales teams to drive effective sales engagements. This position will build and execute plans to deliver on short and long-term financial goals, all while maintaining the needs of the brand. Individuals must have a keen view of the external environment including general trends impacting the business, competitive assessments, and an understanding of both consumers and customers.
• Build and execute strategy to grow the Private Label brand as part of strategic and annual plan process
• Develop communications strategy, including development of content and marketing mix; serve as point person/liaison with outside agencies on ongoing campaigns
• Develop/support/execute annual plans for innovation, promotion, marketing investment
• Develop insights from analysis of market data, competitor intelligence, consumer research
Marketing Strategy Development
• Lead the development of comprehensive marketing strategies that align with the overall Private Label strategy
• Define positioning, target market segments, and competitive differentiation
• Build retail activation strategy, drive innovation pipeline, and assess innovation required for increasing margins and sales
• Lead the Private Label Insights team in conducting market research, customer insight analysis, and competitor analysis to inform marketing strategies and identify growth opportunities
Integrated Marketing Campaigns
• Lead the Private Label Product Marketing team in creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns to drive awareness of Private Label products among target customers and audiences
• Guide team in development of marketing collateral, including product messaging, sales materials, presentations, and product demonstrations
• Lead Creative & Design team in developing creative assets including labels and in-store creative
• Bachelors degree required; MBA strongly desired.
• Minimum 12 years of strategic marketing experience within the Food Retail, Food Ingredients, FMCG, Retail, or Foodservice industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the design sense for highly visual and data- driven storytelling that will impact both internally and externally.
• Data-driven thinking capabilities with ability to make decisions based on analytics and to drive marketing efficiencies, effectiveness and collaboration.
• Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
• Proven ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and content to deal with most key stakeholders remotely across global time zones
• Ability to think strategically, while being able to manage hands-on tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent inter-personal and collaboration skills across teams, functions and markets.
• Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
• Experience in driving successful product launches
• Successful track record working across matrix organizations
• Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative and growth mindset
• Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
• Strong MS office systems proficiency e.g. PowerPoint, Excel
• Willing to travel up to 30% for business purposes.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.